1.2312 steel material is a great plastic mold steel in the industry. 1.2312 (40CrMnMoS8-6) belongs to the stand of alloy tool steel of DIN. And many people also call it as 2312 steel. It’s polishing property and machinability are good. And the hardness of everywhere is average with high wear resistance. DIN 1.2312 steel material usually be used in the blowing mould, structural parts, forming tools, injection mold due to the good hardness, high-temperature strength and mechanical property.
1.2312 Equivalents Grade
- DIN 1.2311
- It is easy to get the homogeneous hardness throughout the section for big dimension blocks.
- Good polishability, good toughness on the surface.
- Delivered in Pre-hardening condition, used directly for making molds, that can guarantee good usability and avoid the deformation in heat treatment.
1.2312 Steel Chemical Composition
2312 Round Bar Sheet Plate Heat Treatment
- Hardening: 830 ℃- 870℃
- Forging: 1100℃ – 850℃
- Rolling: 1100℃ – 850℃
- Quenching: 840℃ – 870℃
- Soft Annealing: 710℃ – 740℃
- Annealing for Stress Relief: 500℃ – 550℃