AISI P20 + Ni • DIN 1.2738 Steel Sheet Round Bar
- What is P20+Ni Steel?
- Steel Grade Equivalent Chart
- Chemical Composition
- Physical Properties
- Mechanical Properties
- Heat Treatment
- Steel Supply
What is P20+Ni Steel?
It also can be called DIN 1.2738 steel. It has great mechanical property and processability. And it is great choice for the production of the hot work mold base. It always is used for plastic mold base. By the way, the special preheat will make it get better hardness after the production fished on the factory. That will increase the productivity effect of the mold base, make the business get better. You can check P20+Ni steel chemical composition and heat treatment as below.
P20+Ni Steel Grade Equivalent Chart
|Standard||GB/T 1299-2000||ASTM A681-08||EN ISO 4957-1999||ISO 4957: 1999|
P20+Ni Steel Chemical Composition
|EN ISO 4957-1999||1.2738/40CrMnNiMo|
|ISO 4957: 1999||40CrMnNiMo|
1.2738 Steel Physical Properties
- Temperature: 20℃/200℃/400℃; density: 7. 8g/cm³/7.75g/cm³/7. 7g/cm³
- Temperature: 20℃/200℃/20-400℃; Coefficient of Linear Thermal Expansion: 12.6 ×10K/13.5×10K
- Temperature: 20℃/200℃/400℃; Coefficient of thermal conductivity: 29.0W·(m·K)/29.5W·(m·K)/31.0W·(m·K)
- Temperature: 20℃/200℃/400℃; Elastic Modulus: 205000MPa/200000MPa/185000MPa
1.2738 Steel Mechanical Properties
- Temperature: 20℃/200℃/400℃; Tensile strength: 1100MPa/1050MP8/850MPa
- Temperature: 20℃/200℃/400℃; Yield strength: 980MPa/925MPa/770MPa
- Temperature: 20℃/200℃/400℃; Section shrinkage: 49%/51%/52%
- Temperature: 20℃/200℃/400℃; Elongation: 13%/14%/16%
- Temperature: 20℃/200℃/400℃; Impact toughness (≥) 20J/cm/32J/cm/42J/cm
1.2738 Steel Characteristics
- Has great polishing performance.
- Has good machinability.
- It was allowed to do the processing of nitrogen treatment.
- It is easy to do a surface treatment.
P20+Ni Steel Heat Treatment
The temperature of annealing is 710-740℃. The time of heat preservation depends on what is the size of it. The stand is that per 25mm of the diameter then the time must be 1 hour. Then furnace cooling after heat preservation.
The temperature is 600°C at the condition of annealing. And on the condition of quenching and tempering, the temperature must be 550°C. The time of heat preservation is according to the stand as the same. Then furnace cooling after heat preservation.
Quenching and Tempering
The temperature for preheat needs to be 500~600°C. The temperature of quenching is 840~880°C and keep it for about 30 minutes. By the way, the mold base must at the production for atmosphere to get quenching to avoid the oxidation and decarbonization happen. Then need to oil cooling. When it is cooled to 50°C~70°C, take it tempering immediately.
And the requirement for the time of heat preservation is the same, at least 2 hours. The temperature of tempering is 180°C/200°C/
300°C/400°C/500°C/600°C; and the hardness is 52HRC/51HRC/48 HRC/46HRC/42HRC/34HRC.
It can be hardening to raise the surface hardness to 50HRC. Oil cooling after the hardening.
1.2738 Steel Application
- The mould bases with good surface roughness.
- It is a good choice for die carrier of the plastic mould.
- Particularly suitable for hard (PS) and non-fragmented (ABS) parts.
- It also is a popular material to be used to make big and complex plastic mould bases.
P20+Ni Steel Supply
We have our own cutting and processing equipment. Specifications can be cut and customized according to your requirements.
We specialize in special steel stockist and supplier with a high-quality stand for many years. As a professional P20+Ni steel supplier, please contacts us for any request of AISI P20+Ni /DIN 1.2738 steels materials. Songshun Steel always with you.