It also can be called DIN 1.2738 steel. It has great mechanical property and processability. And it is great choice for the production of the hot work mold base. It always is used for plastic mold base. By the way, the special preheat will make it get better hardness after the production fished on the factory. That will increase the productivity effect of the mold base, make the business get better. You can check P20+Ni steel round bar chemical composition and heat treatment as below.
1.2738 Steel Round Bar Physical Properties
- Temperature: 20℃/200℃/400℃; density: 7. 8g/cm³/7.75g/cm³/7. 7g/cm³
- Temperature: 20℃/200℃/20-400℃; Coefficient of Linear Thermal Expansion: 12.6 ×10K/13.5×10K
- Temperature: 20℃/200℃/400℃; Coefficient of thermal conductivity: 29.0W·(m·K)/29.5W·(m·K)/31.0W·(m·K)
- Temperature: 20℃/200℃/400℃; Elastic Modulus: 205000MPa/200000MPa/185000MPa
P20+Ni Steel Plate Mechanical Properties
- Temperature: 20℃/200℃/400℃; Tensile strength: 1100MPa/1050MP8/850MPa
- Temperature: 20℃/200℃/400℃; Yield strength: 980MPa/925MPa/770MPa
- Temperature: 20℃/200℃/400℃; Section shrinkage: 49%/51%/52%
- Temperature: 20℃/200℃/400℃; Elongation: 13%/14%/16%
- Temperature: 20℃/200℃/400℃; Impact toughness (≥) 20J/cm/32J/cm/42J/cm
1.2738 Steel Characteristics
- Has great polishing performance.
- Has good machinability.
- It was allowed to do the processing of nitrogen treatment.
- It is easy to do a surface treatment.
1.2738 Steel Application
- The mould bases with good surface roughness.
- It is a good choice for die carrier of the plastic mould.
- Particularly suitable for hard (PS) and non-fragmented (ABS) parts.
- It also is a popular material to be used to make big and complex plastic mould bases.
P20+Ni Steel Grade Equivalent Chart
|Standard||GB/T 1299-2000||ASTM A681-08||EN ISO 4957-1999||ISO 4957: 1999|
P20+Ni Steel Chemical Composition
|EN ISO 4957-1999||1.2738/40CrMnNiMo|
|ISO 4957: 1999||40CrMnNiMo|
P20+Ni Steel Sheet Heat Treatment
The temperature of annealing is 710-740℃. The time of heat preservation depends on what is the size of it. The stand is that per 25mm of the diameter then the time must be 1 hour. Then furnace cooling after heat preservation.
The temperature is 600°C at the condition of annealing. And on the condition of quenching and tempering, the temperature must be 550°C. The time of heat preservation is according to the stand as the same. Then furnace cooling after heat preservation.
Quenching and Tempering
The temperature for preheat needs to be 500~600°C. The temperature of quenching is 840~880°C and keep it for about 30 minutes. By the way, the mold base must at the production for atmosphere to get quenching to avoid the oxidation and decarbonization happen. Then need to oil cooling. When 1.2738 steel is cooled to 50°C~70°C, take it tempering immediately.
And the requirement for the time of heat preservation is the same, at least 2 hours. The temperature of tempering is 180°C/200°C/300°C/400°C/500°C/600°C; and the hardness is 52HRC/51HRC/48 HRC/46HRC/42HRC/34HRC.
It can be hardening to raise the surface hardness to 50HRC. Oil cooling after the hardening.
P20+Ni Steel Supply
We have our own cutting and processing equipment. Specifications can be cut and customized according to your requirements.
We are a professional special steel stockist and supplier with a high-quality stand for many years. As a professional P20+Ni steel supplier, please contacts us for any request. Songshun Steel always with you.
AISI 6150 steel is an alloy spring steel. It has great mechanical properties......
AISI 52100 steel is the representative of high carbon chromium bearing steel type.
4130 alloy steel has high strength and toughness and the hardenability is high.
It has great mechanical property and processability. And it is great choice for the production of the.....
AISI 5140 steel also can be called JIS Scr440 and DIN 1.7035 steel. It is one of the alloy steel.
AISI O2 steel is the better type compare with the O1 tool steel. Its content of carbon, chromium and tungsten has been raised.
M35 steel is high speed tool steel. After the heat treatment, its hardness, red hardness and wear resistance can be.....
12L14 is a free cutting structural steel. And it is easy to be machined.
1045 carbon steel has a tensile strength is 570-700 MPa and Brinell hardness ranging between 170 and 210.
8620 steel is alloy steel and has good strength and toughness properties. This alloy steel is flexible during....
4340 steel has great machinability, heat treatment stability and impact toughness.
4140 steel is an alloy structural steel with high strength, hardenability, good toughness....